Wednesday 21 September 2011

Just something I did...



So this is pretty old but I thought you might be interested to see a few dresses that I've made just so that you can see how I work and the kind of thing I'm about.

This was a coursework project for my final year of A level art, we had to come up with a subject which we wanted to research and turn into a unit of work. I decided to combine my love of fashion and art and see if one was reliant on the other or whether they could merely stand happily side by side.

To do this I looked at whether the boundaries of fashion and in particular a garment, in this case a dress could be displayed as a piece of art whilst still retaining the character which fashion can often embody more than a flat piece of art.

Above is a piece which I developed at the start of the unit influenced by the 'White Light, White Heat' shoot by Mario Testino for Dior.

And below you will see the final piece I created in which I blended designers such as Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen with artists like Roberto Matta (I did actually add a chiffon skirt to this but I forgot to take a picture of it before I handed it in, believe me, it was a very tight deadline!)

No comments:

Post a Comment